Currently recruiting an experienced Business Intelligence Developer to fill a position in Portland, Oregon. The ideal candidate will have 3 years of experience in data analytics and reporting with software design, development, and maintenance expertise.
Responsibilities of the BI Developer
- Typically work remotely from own home office. However, it may be necessary to meet/ work on client locations as well.
- Work with LOGIC INTELLIGENCE management, employees, clients, and vendors to design, develop and maintain data repositories, applications, reporting and analysis infrastructure, data load and extract processes, etc.
- Work with developers and project stakeholders to define, clarify and document requirements.
- Work with developers, architects, and management to define the appropriate solution(s) for meeting project requirements.
- Development and maintenance of ETL processes.
- Contribute to the enhancement of software development procedures.
- Contribute to project planning and management.
- May be required to work on multiple concurrent projects of varying scope and scale.
- Take the initiative to maintain and update skill sets as appropriate for the current job role.
- Work with BI technologies in addition to core application development tools.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Requirements of the BI Developer
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in data analytics and reporting
- Strong experience developing with scripting languages such as Unix shell scripting and Python
- Strong experience with SQL and Relational database engineering SQL Server, Hive SQL, Impala, and expert-level SQL abilities
- Experience with agile delivery methodologies in a fast-paced complex environment; Scrum
- Strong ability to multi-task and balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with source control repositories such as GIT and Microsoft Team System
- Some understanding of common business principles is necessary
- Experience with relational database management systems (RDBMS), particularly the most recent versions of Microsoft SQL Server
- Other RDBMS experience such as Teradata and Oracle is a plus
- Experience using the Microsoft Business Intelligence (BI) tools including SSAS, SSRS, and SSIS
- Some familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI is a plus
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and remediation capabilities
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to organize tasks and work efficiently
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to make well-informed recommendations that help achieve excellent results for customers
- Ability to define and implement creative solutions
- Work well independently and in a team setting
- Must have the legal authority to permanently work in the U.S.