Power BI Developer
Must have experience with Power BI, DAX and SQL
The Power BI Developer position within the Enterprise Information Management organization has a passion for telling stories with data, developing insight through visualization, and enabling self-service, data exploration, and discovery.
The BI Engineer will participate in the strategic design, development, implementation, and support of data and technology components to further mature Logic Intelligence’s data access needs.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Working closely with Global Information Systems team members and various business groups to apply advanced technical experience and knowledge to develop, maintain, and monitor complex and critical BI data sources and integration processes.
- Facilitate, enable, and expand self-service capabilities with interactive dashboards, reports, and other visualizations.
- Provide support and issue resolution by analyzing issues, discovering root-cause, and providing alternative long-term solutions.
- Partner with other BI Team members to design, develop, and support semantic layers.
- Identify and implement solutions to enhance existing BI infrastructure, processes, and technology.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and requirements to support the business solution.
- Participate in the full development lifecycle, from developing business requirements to change management processes and ensuring changes are correctly tested and migrated to production.
- Write and maintain technical documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections as needed as well as create and provide training to business users on Business Intelligence tools ranging from beginner to advanced users
- Passionate about delivering business value by aligning enterprise analytic systems to the organization’s strategic objectives
- A skilled communicator able to facilitate discussion at all levels of the organization and develop a sound business understanding to help derive meaningful insights from the data
- A Critical thinker with sound judgment and decision-making abilities
- A relationship builder, flexible in your approach to designing to solutions that solve business problems.
- Minimum 4 years of hands-on experience with BI delivery initiatives for data warehouses and related applications using industry standards
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the SQL Server or Azure SQL environment and services
- Implementation, development, and support experience with Data Visualization tool using Microsoft Power BI.
- Knowledge and experience building and designing business intelligence solutions from a technical or business perspective
- Experience with installation, configuration, and stabilization of medium to large scale BI/Enterprise Reporting implementations.
- Knowledge and experience of relational and dimensional modeling, data warehousing concepts, and methodologies.
- Expert in writing T-SQL, DAX as well experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell or Python
- required to be working in Portland Metro area
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities but constitutes a general definition of the position’s scope and function in the company.
Logic Intelligence, LLC considers all job candidates without discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic that is protected by federal, state or local laws. Discrimination and/or harassment that violates said protections is not tolerated under any conditions. This is applicable to all employment aspects including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $67,550.00 – $90,890.00 per year
COVID-19 considerations: We follow CDC guidelines to ensure the safety of our employees and clients.